How can I help?
Want to share the love of Christ and make a difference this summer? Here are some mission and service opportunities:
- Summer Camp at The Well began July 6th! Along with academic support and fun activities, we are providing breakfast and snack every day. If you can help by donating food items, please sign up here. Please contact Cheri Miller.
- Do you have too many vegetables from your home garden? We welcome any home gardeners to share their extra veggies. We would be happy to deliver to the Lord’s Pantry for you any Monday, Tuesday or Thursday mornings between 8:30-9:00 AM. You just need to let us know!! Or you can deliver your extra produce at those dates and times. If you deliver yourselves, please share the total number of pounds with us for our Hopewell UMC records. Total pounds to date: 346.5 and of that 74.5 are from home gardeners! For information or delivery, please email Sandy Lammey or Linda Mento.
- Our August Back-to-School Mission supports children in our community through the Lord's Pantry, The Well, CYWA, and the Honey Brook Food Pantry. Starting Sunday, August 1, we will be collecting the following items and school supplies through the Welsey Wagon or bins in the chapel: composition books, 2 pocket folders, mechanical pencils, 1 subject spiral notebooks (college ruled), #2 pencils, pens (red, blue, and black ink), and new underwear for children and teens. Thank you for your help in giving kids a great start to the new year!
Ongoing Opportunities to Serve
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are delivering a lot of little care bags as a way to stay connected to our church family and share encouragement. You can be a sunshine spreader by dropping these gifts at members’ homes. This is a great opportunity for individuals or families to do together. Contact Ally Ruch if you’re interested.
- We are again providing meals for Safe Harbor and CityGate on the 1st and 3rd of each month. If you would like to help prepare meals in the Hopewell kitchen, purchase needed food items, or deliver the meals to Safe Harbor, please contact Karl Findeison.
- Serve with Good Works on the first Saturday of every month. Contact Joe Lisowski.
- Help renovate the second apartment at The Well on the third Saturday of every month. Contact Keith Wilburn.
- Organize, purge, or complete minor repairs and painting projects at Hopewell. Email Becky Bennington.
- Drop off non-perishable food items for the Chester County Food Bank. Shopping cart will be located inside the lobby during the week.