Where do I start?
Being part of the Hopewell family means sharing your gifts, talents, and skills, for God’s glory. Your life and the unique gifts you bring to the world matter and make a difference! If you’re not sure where to start, check out this brief survey and a staff member will be in touch with you.
How can I help?
Want to share the love of Christ and make a difference this summer? Here are some mission and service opportunities:
- At-home project! You can help by stuffing bags for The Lord’s Pantry to use for food distribution on a weekly basis. Pick up a stack in the church entryway and return to Hopewell by September 5. Great for families or individuals!
- Our August Back-to-School Mission supports children in our community through the Lord's Pantry, The Well, CYWA, and the Honey Brook Food Pantry. Because of your generosity, we have already donated 25 backpacks, full of supplies, to the Well students, 15 large bags of supplies to the Lords Pantry, and 401 pairs of underwear to our community partners. Our supply list is updated and we are still collecting the following items: composition books, 2 pocket folders, mechanical pencils, red pens, and new underwear for children and teens. These items may be brought to church and put in the Wesley Wagon or the bins in the chapel until August 29. Thank you for your help in giving kids a great start to the new year!
Ongoing Opportunities to Serve
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Save the date for our Adult Mission Weekend, September 24-26! We will continue renovations on the community center at Hope Point in Chester, alongside our friends at St. Daniel’s UMC, building on the work that our youth did this summer. Watch for more information coming soon!
- We are delivering a lot of little care bags as a way to stay connected to our church family and share encouragement. You can be a sunshine spreader by dropping these gifts at members’ homes. This is a great opportunity for individuals or families to do together. Contact Ally Ruch if you’re interested.
- We are again providing meals for Safe Harbor and CityGate on the 1st and 3rd of each month. If you would like to help prepare meals in the Hopewell kitchen, purchase needed food items, or deliver the meals to Safe Harbor, please contact Karl Findeison.
- Serve with Good Works on the first Saturday of every month. Contact Joe Lisowski.
- Help renovate the second apartment at The Well on the third Saturday of every month. Contact Keith Wilburn.
- Organize, purge, or complete minor repairs and painting projects at Hopewell. Email Becky Bennington.
- Drop off non-perishable food items for the Chester County Food Bank. Shopping cart will be located inside the lobby during the week.