July 20, 2020
Dear Hopewell family,
Greetings in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ! What a unique year this has been so far! We’ve experienced lots of surprises and changes ... lots of opportunities to grow and demonstrate grace. On behalf of the whole staff, I thank you for showing grace and support to us over the last few months, as we continually discern how best to worship, serve, and congregate.
Based on our online worship poll, as well as the trusted wisdom of church leaders, we have decided to proceed in two ways:
- Because an overwhelming majority of church members are much more comfortable with virtual worship at this time, our primary emphasis will remain here. We will continue to produce pre-recorded worship services that feature both traditional and contemporary music. Because the risk of COVID-19 transmission is still high, this is a great option, and we strongly recommend it for those who are uncomfortable attending large group gatherings, who are more vulnerable, and who are not able/willing to wear protective masks that cover both the nose and mouth.
- We will provide one weekly worship service in the amphitheater at 9:30 AM on Sundays only, beginning Sunday, August 2, 2020 (weather permitting). These modified services will not include paper bulletins or congregational singing and should range between 35-45 minutes in length. In order to attend services, please commit to and comply with the following:
- Wear a protective mask that covers both nose and mouth for the entire duration of the service, from arrival to departure. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you upon entrance.
- Register online for seating here. Then Click on the Sunday worship service you wish to attend and follow the registration prompts. Once finished, you will be issued a ticket, but you do not have to bring that with you. If you are not able to access the website, or have difficulty, please register by calling the church office by phone at 610-269-1545.
- Stay home if you are sick, have a fever, or been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Please plan to arrive early. Beginning at 9:00 AM, ushers will help you find seating. At the end of service, ushers will dismiss worshippers in sections.
- Enter the amphitheater from the lower parking lot. The church building will be open only for necessary bathroom usage.
- Remain socially distant (six feet apart) from other worshippers when arriving, seating, and exiting the area. Please use non-touch greetings such as a wave rather than a hug or fist bump.
- Stay together as a family. At this time, we are not able to offer nursery care, Sunday School, or Junior Church.
- Refrain from eating or drinking.
- Respectfully adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Share your tithes and offerings in designated non-touch receptacles or enroll in online giving here.
- Check your email beforehand as closure due to weather will be sent via email to those who register.
In order to create this re-opening plan, we have spent a great deal of time in prayer, seeking the best ways to reflect Christ and show concern for the community as a whole. We understand that complying with these guidelines will be difficult for some.
However, we do believe that these particular guidelines provide us with the best way to love our neighbors in this unique time. As followers of Jesus, we live and love gracefully and sacrificially in order to bless others. In fact, we have made every decision thus far with this question in mind: “How do we best reflect Jesus Christ?” We believe these guidelines are the most loving way to gather.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to monitor county mandates, make adjustments as needed, and communicate regularly. If we see a significant tightening of restrictions at any point, we may discontinue this plan. Thank you so much for your ongoing grace and prayers as we move into this new phase.
Together with you,