The season of Lent marks the journey towards Easter and the celebration of Christ’s resurrection and it began on Ash Wednesday, February 22. Throughout Lent, we are diving into Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-7, through our sermon series and study options and exploring the meaning and challenge of Jesus’ teachings for our lives and the church. The study, written by Hopewell staff, includes insights from Biblical scholars and teachers from Palmer Theological Seminary and Eastern University. Sign up for one of these study groups here or by emailing Jen Lisowski. If you can’t join a study, but want to follow along in your own devotional time, the study materials are available here.
- Women’s group, Thursdays, 9:30-11:00 AM, led by Cynthia Lyman (Adult Ministry Center), starting February 23
- Friday Morning Men, Fridays, 6:30-7:30 AM, led by Allen Puy (ZOOM), starting February 24
- Sundays, 10:45 AM-12:00 PM, led by various facilitators (ZOOM and in-person in Adult Ministry B), starting February 26
- Sundays, 6:15-7:45 PM, led by Pastor Amy (Adult Ministry Center), starting February 26
- Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 PM, led by Jen Lisowski and Donna Brown (ZOOM), starting March
Here is an additional opportunity to commit to your spiritual growth. Contact the facilitator directly or Jen Lisowski for more information.
- Does reading through the Bible in a year sound intimidating? It doesn’t have to be! Join Kim Belknap on Mondays, 6:30-7:30 PM, for Through the Bible in a Year, which is a discussion group based around a Bible reading plan. Designed to be accessible, low-pressure, and fun, you can join at any time.