DEEP & WIDE DISCIPLESHIP
DIVING DEEP - Your Hopewell staff suggests the following opportunities for deepening your discipleship over the summer months. Prayerfully commit to go deeper.
- Visit the public or Hopewell libraries for Christian storybooks with faith-related themes.
- For young children (non-readers and early readers), read The Deep Blue Bible Storybook.
- For rising 4th and 5th graders, read The Deep Blue Bible.
- Attend Vacation Bible School.
- Attend church and/or Sunday school.
Youth and Adults
- Find a quiet place and read your Bible daily (download the Youversion App).see
- Read the “I AM” passages in the Gospel of John.
- Listen to sermons online or live, especially if you are traveling.
- Take regular walks and listen to the songs that God’s creation sings.
- Invest in a daily devotional, such as Treasures and Riches by Rachel Crawshaw.
- Introduce yourself to Disciple Bible study with a one-week sample curriculum, available by calling the church office (610-269-1545).
- Take part in the Summer Bible Study in the Park, every Wednesday evening in August.
- Visit Hopewell’s library and check out a book or two which will take you deeper into discipleship.
- Parents: Read Fearless Parenting by George Barna and Jimmy Myers, or UnSelfie by Michele Borba.
GOING WIDE - Your Hopewell staff suggests the following opportunities for widening your discipleship over the summer months. Prayerfully commit to go wider.
- Participate in this year’s VBS mission efforts: Angel Tree Mission and Rise Against Hunger.
- Create a tithing jar.
- Draw colorful pictures for people who are in need of cheer; visit, send a card, or make cookies for someone who needs encouraging.
- Bring a friend along to a church event.
- Donate gently used clothing or toys to the Good Will.
Youth and Adults
- Help with Congregational Care.
- Serve at the Chester County Food Bank.
- Serve at Good Works.
- Volunteer at The Well.
- Deliver and/or serve a meal at Safe Harbor shelter.
- Help at the August 13-17 summer camp at Camp Innabah.
- Help renovate the shipping container HOOP 2 for South Africa.
- Donate items to VBS, South Africa, or Helping Hands.
- Sign up to help with FLC Coffees, the Welcome Table, and greeting/ushering.
- Make a contribution to Beyond the Walls XI.